Friday, September 13, 2013

Pregnancy Meal Plan

My mom keeps reminding me of how she never ate anything bad during her pregnancies.  Honestly, I am pretty envious of that and I think that is a really remarkable thing to do for 9 months.  I was raised on a healthy diet and I never "craved" sweets or junk food.  I'm not saying we didn't get to have those things, they were just more of a treat on occasion and not a staple at home. One of the most memorable things growing up was having my mom give us a couple bucks to go to the neighborhood market to pick our favorite ice cream treat.  Those were great times, sitting on the porch with my mom and sister and soaking in a summer night with our ice creams.  I think she created a great way of how to keep my sister and me eating healthy without complaint.  And I am grateful.  I am nowhere near perfect when it comes to eating but, since becoming pregnant I am definitely more conscious of my meal choices.  During this pregnancy I have been eating really well but, I do have the occasional treat!  

Here is my meal plan for the past few months...

Breakfast:
Glass of Orange Juice
Bowl of Cereal (usually Special K w/ Strawberries)

Snack:
Overnight Oats with Chia seeds
 1/2 Cup Oats
1/2 Cup Yogurt (vanilla)
1/2 Cup Coco Milk
1 tbsp Chia Seeds
Mix and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Drizzle with agave or honey.

Lunch:
Sweet Potato Mix 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup black beans, 1/2 cup corn
FAGE Yogurt
On occasion I do get a smoothie from Robeks during my lunch hour if I am feeling really hungry that day.  

Snack:
PBJ Sandwich
Apple

Dinner:
Varies but, is usually chicken and vegetables or with wheat pasta of some kind.

I do prep my lunches two to three days in advance except for the pbj that I make in the mornings.  I don't mind getting up early but, I am surely not going to slave over the stove at 6 in the morning. 

If you ladies have any healthy meals you would like to share send them my way!




No comments:

Post a Comment