Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2 Months Postpartum

Yesterday, my husband asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I replied with "I want to hike Mt. Whitney".  Now, I have done it before but, not with my hubby.  I thought it would be a great experience for the both of us. It is a great feeling of accomplishment when you are done. The last time I hiked the mountain it took me 10.5 hours and yes I am a little competitive with myself and I would like to beat my time just by a half hour if possible.  We are going with a much larger group this time as I only had my uncle and cousin previously. Let me tell you, this isn't your local mountain kind of hike.  This bad boy is 22 miles round trip and you gain over 6,000 ft in elevation.  The trail is steep and the temperature drops the higher you go.  Its a beautiful hike and if any of you get the chance to do this, go for it!

 Here I am at the top 



At the trail head after the hike

In order to hike the mountain you have to request a date and then go into a lottery for that date. I hope we get it! 



Almost at my due date with Ryder & a few weeks before we got pregnant.

I worked pretty hard for that pre-baby body. I hope I can get back to it!

Prepping for this hike is going to be great motivation especially after having Ryder!


No comments:

Post a Comment